Saturday, March 7, 2009

We Got Our First Donated Chair Today!!


I had such an awesome experience today!
I decided last night that I would begin searching on Craigslist to see if people were selling wooden chairs. Once I found a chair that I liked, I emailed the contact person and asked them if they would be willing to donate it for a good cause. I could not believe the amount of responses! People were so excited to be able to help.
I had the priveledge of meeting Ileana, her husband, and their beautiful daughter Isabella. She told me the story about her chair. Her mother had given it to her before Isabella was born. She said, "you will really use this once Isabella is here." And that she did. Now that Isabella is 3-years-old, she no longer has a use for the chair nor the space. When I asked her if she would be willing to donate the chair, she said, "I am always interested in a great cause. I would be happy to donate the chair."
We arranged a meeting time for me to go pick up the chair. I was greeted outside by Ileana who proceeded to share with me how she was potty training Isabella...so cute!! I walked into their very nice home and as I entered the living room, I saw it. There was the absolutley gorgeous, solid white wooden rocking chair. It is in perfect condition except for a few little scratches...which will be sanded and painted anyway :0)
I am so grateful that Ileana has such a giving heart. One of our Promise Ladies will be truly blessed with this chair! Thank you Ileana and thank you God for continuing to provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment