Monday, March 9, 2009

"My Favorite Color Is Pink!"

I picked up our 2nd & 3rd donated chairs today!!

Craigslist has once again been the connector of two strangers. I sent an email to a very nice girl named Laura. She promptly wrote back stating, "I have absolutely no problem donating this chair for a good cause, my father has Parkinson's disease, so I know how important it is to have events for these causes." It was so incredible that once again a simple email asking a question, allowed someone an opportunity to help. Laura shared with me the story of her flamingo chair. Her and her mom used to go to garage sales and thrift stores looking for funky/retro chairs. They would then refinish and repaint the chairs; somewhat as a hobby. I asked her how the flaming chair came to be and she said, "Well, my favorite color is pink! I also love flamingo's, because they are pink and so I painted the chair pink." I told her how awesome it was to find someone willing to donate a chair, especially a pink one :0) Laura will be moving to New York...two chairs lighter!

Thank you Laura for donating your super cool flamingo chair as well as your retro black chair that has SO much potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment